Tokyo Gourmet Trip --Day 2 Part 3 ( Dinner--Shinjuku)

13th May 2009



My plan was to try different Japanese food for every meal so that we could try as much different food as possible in the next 8 days.

Our dinner spot was: Botejyu ぼてぢゅう--Subnade department store basement near Kabuki-cho(歌舞伎町) in East Shinjuku.

Okonomiyaki is a popular pan fried food that consists of batter and cabbage, selected toppings and ingredients are added

I was so clever to have printed out a 10% coupon from a Japanese website when doing researches. This is what we call " Well-prepared" !


Here came the starter: Takoyaki (Octopus balls), they were OK, I had better.


Simon's 広島焼, 1,400円. Not bad, much better than mine.

My pancake, it tastes no different from a normal pancake. A bit disappointed. I am not saying it is bad as they say you can't find terrible food in Japan, which is so true. But this was not as good as I had expected. It's 1,400円 too.



After dinner, we walked to the nearby Kabuki-cho(歌舞伎町), Japan's largest red light district features countless restaurants, bars, pachinko parlors, love hotels and a wide variety of red light establishments.


One of the thousands of posts in this area. Don't ask me what it says as I have no idea. GP? I doubt it.

There are numerous pachinko shops on the streets in Japan and almost every shop is packed. Why are the Japanese so crazy about these gaming machines?

If you think that this area is just about night life, you are wrong. There are also many restaurants here. To be honest, I feel quite safe wherever I go in Tokyo.

This is one of the Ramen shops. She's cute.



Yes, we are eating again. I'm not sure if we really felt hungry or we forced ourselves to feel hungry. Never mind, we justified it by the fact that we had done many walking.

Japanese sweets in a fast food restaurant around the corner on our way back to the hotel.

On the left, green tea ice cream drink; On the right, ice cream with red beans and Japanese mochi.



Oh, I love everything with green tea. This is me. Blime, I look tired.



Our first day in Tokyo finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment