Tokyo Gourmet Trip --Day 9 Part 2

Wednesday 20 May 2009


After the lunch, we had to pop back to the hotel straight away as the Limousin bus left the hotel at 3pm for the airport. We had booked the tickets and checked out already. So we just picked up our luggage from the reception at waited outside for the bus.

Our flight was on early morning tomorrow so we decided to stay in an airport hotel in Narita and visit the Aeon shopping mall ( with a big Jusco supermarket) at Narita tonight.

Farewell Tokyo. I'll be back.

After checking in at Holiday Inn Narita, we popped onto the free shuttle bus to shopping mall from the hotel.

On arrival, we headed to the food court straight away. I was so excited to find the branch of this chained Takoyaki shop. I planned to try it in Ginza yesterday but was so full that day hence gave it a miss. I got to try in today.



Gindako 築地銀だこ


Mister Donut again.







We finally got a chance to try the ticket machine at a Ramen shop.
















Here we goes. We got everything we wanted and started on our dinner at a food court for the first time in Japan. Still can't understand why they don't have seating area in all the department stores food hall.


After a quick yet nice dinner, We did a bit shopping at Jusco and grabbed some stuff to bring back home.


Simon also got some pieces of cakes for breakfast tomorrow.





This has ended our wonderful and memorable trip in Tokyo. We love Japan so much that it's almost certain we will come back soon. I love their people, the food, the transport, the technology and everything else






Go to Souvenirs







10 comments:

  1. Great Blog. Read the entire thing and really enjoyed it. I'm going to Japan for the first time in March/April 2010 for two weeks, visiting Tokyo and Kyoto, so your blog has really given me insight into a few things. I'm trying to really prepared like you did!
    Thanks a lot for putting this up =) Glad you had a wonderful trip.
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. CC, I am very glad that you enjoyed the report. Once you are prepared, I am sure you will have a wonderful trip to Japan. I didn't go to Kyoto, would love to next time. Japan is a country that I will definately go back. Have a great time.

    Feel free to ask me any questions about this trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your blog! Did you buy the JR Pass? I always get overwhelmed at all the different cities and rail lines. I am hoping to visit Tokyo and Kyoto in October.
    From your blog it almost seems like 9 days was still not really enough for just Tokyo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't buy the JR pass as I mainly stayed in Tokyo for the whole trip except Hakone. If you are visiting different cities, JR Pass is a good option. But If you are visiting Tokyo and Kyoto only, I would suggest you to compare the prices first to see if getting round tickets to Kyoto is cheaper.

    Yes, 9 days was still not enough for us as we still miss some places.

    Next time we will visit other cities of Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've convinced me! I will be making reservations for Japan this week. if we save enough, we'll include a 2-3 night trip to Kyoto. If not, we'll definitely be able to fill all nine days in the Tokyo area! Thank you again for sharing!

    p.s.
    if you had to......

    what 2 are your "must-do's?"

    what 2 are your "would've been okay to miss if there wasn't enough time?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very tough question. If I had to I would say

    Must-do's: Onsen in a Ryokan and Kobe steak. Oh, and Akihabara(electric town) and tempura. I'm greedy, am I?

    If you really don't have enough time, you can miss Ginza if you don't plan to do much shopping. As we don't like going to clubs or bars,so we will miss Roppongi Hill. But if you do, this is a popular night life area. I didn't go to Tokyo Tower either as I have been to Eiffel tower which is even taller.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great blog leeanne,
    i will be taking a trip with my wife and 2 children (9 and 7) in early june for about 8 days. we plan to go to some of the same places and also to go to hakone. i am still looking for a ryokan but don't want to spend so much. do you have any recommendations of a less expensive one?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, sorry for my very late reply as I have just come back from a 3 weeks holiday. You can have a look at this one http://english.ichinoyu.co.jp/
    It's much cheaper and they have room with private onsen as well if that's what you want.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vy good blog Leeann

    ;)

    I am amazed with yr research on the restaurants to visit!

    I am travelling to tokyo first time with 3 young children, staying around Ginza area, any recommendations on good restaurants there apart from the one shown in your blog ?

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,

    Ginza is a very expensive area with department stores and luxury brands. I was not particularly keen on eating in this area, you can have a look at this useful website and search restaurants by area. http://www.sunnypages.jp/

    A much better webiste is tabelog.com for an extensive list of restaruant.But it's in Japanese. www.tabelog.com

    ReplyDelete